28 February 2009

....Superman!


Wow! Today was quite an adventure! Cheyenne and I went to Paducah to look for me a prom dress...found one, love it! When we were leaving I may have turned the wrong way on I-24, thus we found ourselves in Illinois, the Land of Lincoln. Before we had a chance to turn around we went across that blasted Ohio River bridge...it was then that I saw the sign for Metropolis. Now, being as learned as I am on the ever-pertinent subject as overly sized novelty pieces, I immediately began a fit of excitement and hysteria caused by our increasing proximity to the Giant Superman Statue! Hooray! Yes, we went the six miles to the bustling village of Metropolis and found the man himself and a kitschy little "museum" and novelty shop. It was very reminiscent of Nostalgiaville, also conveniently located off a well travelled interstate around this area :) We had lots and lots of fun getting lost and taking pictures with Superman. I even bought some Kryptonite! So cool!

No comments: