22 October 2008

O New England.


Hello, friends. Well, today was quite an enjoyable day, or at least the latter half. I don't much remember 1st block; I spend my time reading and writing most illegibly. 2nd block was some fun with the arrival and processing of several new books. I'm so glad I'm a Library Assistant :) 3rd block was AP Biology, so that goes without saying that it was entertaining in itself. Our usual band "standards" were met this afternoon. It continues to befuddle me that we can practice and practice the show but no one gets any better. It's as if our progression is stagnant--like an ill-fated pond in the heat of summer when everyone wants to go fishing but no one can manage the disappointment and stench which is only exemplified by the raging warmth. That is our band. Today was Wednesday, also known as "All West" days, implying that I may look forward to "practicing" with Bacon. What a real treat! It truly is the highlight of my Wednesdays and Thursdays. 

I've just finished A Separate Peace and still have the intimacies and stigmas of the novel fresh on my mind. It is such a heavy piece, accounting for approximately 1/3 of today's title's appropriate relatedness.

In other news, providing another fraction of the title's functionality: I've just received my 180 gram vinyl of Always the Bridesmaid Installment 1: Valerie Plame and O New England. How I do love The Decemberists. Thus, armed with my coloured record and a rather dashing Ellis-designed shirt, I will introduce to you my last dedication to New England with an explanation of today's picture.

Taken in Boston, it's a capture of a rather intriguing cemetery a few blocks' distance from the Old North Church, where Paul Revere acted in ways that would warrant future poems and adorations. I have an eery fondness of cemeteries, and I feel like this picture does a nice job representing possibilities with the bricked path, but also the ubiquitous groundings of hardships, et cetera with the hazy presence of the graves on either side. Also, Boston is named as a setting in the aforementioned novel, so it was a clear choice, if only in my legally blind eyes. :)

No comments: