22 December 2008

Garden of the Gods.




Hello! For the first excursion of our holiday freedom, my family and I ventured to a far off land commonly known as Illinois to meander our way through trails and rocks and such. Garden of the Gods was really neat, despite it just being a valley-like area with large rocks. We climbed "Camel Rock" (below):


I was able to get some pretty good shots of the area, though I was held to the explorative time restraints of younger siblings. Here are some of my favourites:


It was truly a beautiful day, and an excellent trip for the family. We rather recently moved to town from a cozy log cabin with the luxury of a few acres we could explore everyday and we've really missed the trees and the fresh air and the space. I mostly miss that awesome feeling you get when you see something as simple and elegant as nature; I'm always taken aback when I think of what complexities our world is full of, and how they are each different and interconnected. I love it.








No comments: