22 December 2008

Letters.


Hey friends! Can you believe it's almost 2009! Wow. Today's title: Letters. Why? At first, it was just an obvious choice because of my really cool sheets (pictured above) courtesy of Goodwill. Also seen: my guitar, dear Annabelle (though I am thinking of a proper name to replace), proof of my knitting attempts (and failures), and our dear, curious kitty, aptly named...Kitty. As far as knitting goes, I am really interested and am easily thrilled at the thought of being able to make a nifty little scarf, not to mention a hip sweater-vest or something clever like that. I particularly like knit hats, so perhaps I'll learn a pattern. One day. 

In addition to letters on my sheets, I've also received some very welcome letters in the past few days. I have officially been accepted to Earlham (hooray!) and have been chosen to receive the Presidential Honors Scholarship...so far. In the 3rd letter many other things were mentioned, and hopefully the costs will continue to dwindle. I am super excited, and indubitably nervous beyond belief. 

I am also excited about venturing northward because it gives reason to buy some kickass outdoor gear, i.e. a suitable camping jacket, a new bicycle, a nice backpack, some "rugged" shoes and in my hopes a Subaru Forester (or some variation of such a "wagon/hatchback"). But that is a far hope ;) 






No comments: