25 January 2009

the modern prometheus...



What a beast! As you can gather from the picture, I'm currently reading Frankenstein for Kelly's class. It is such a splendid novel! Thankfully I completed my outline, so at least I'm relieved of that hassle. In between reading, listening to some Guster and texting Jamie, I thought it would be nice to drop a relatively unobtrusive, inconspicuous blog post. :)

This weekend was entertaining enough. Friday night we celebrated Laura's 17th birthday and amply enjoyed ourselves. Saturday was mostly (to no surprise) dedicated to band activities, with the pep band rehearsing and playing for the basketball games. Later that evening I went to Patriot Idol, a really talented bunch we got there... Saturday night I unwittingly locked myself out, so I stayed at Jon's grandparents' with him...what an interesting time. Haha.

When I finally made it into my own house today, I promptly had some very yummy chocolate chip waffles and made my way to the garage to commence the daunting task of......(duhn, duhn, duhnnnnnnnnn.......) going through my outrageous collection of, oh I don't know, about 10 Bibles, at least 4 of which are Precious Moments originals, each with my name engraved on the cover; pretty much every piece of schoolwork since the Kindergarten, and even my Pre-school graduation napkins from "The UMC class of '96"; and brochures from every touristy spot I've ever been and rocks from Iceland. I have a problem. I don't get rid of anything. I am more or less confident that I have overcome my separation anxiety and managed to rid myself of all my birthday cards from my whole life, and those vocab worksheets from the 3rd grade. To emphasize how serious this is, I tell you: I even got rid of books. Books. I haven't read them, but they sure look lovely on my shelf and make me feel accomplished and cultured. 

Well, I suppose I shall return to my reading. I bid you ado.

No comments: