08 November 2008

Fall Preview.


Good day. I should really be packing now, but most likely won't be able to focus until after midnight-it's how I work. Ha. Tomorrow I'm going to Earlham College for a fall preview day, including an overnight stay and a day of classes. I am extremely nervous! I am building up the mindset of "just go for it" and treating it as an adventure, but...it's the little things that I obsess over. Par example: when in these situations taking a shower is risky business, all types of things could mix up the morning. Also, WTF am I supposed to do with my hair!? On a more serious note, somewhere in the deep recesses of my being I am really frightened that I'm not smart enough to be there. I mean, I'm confident and relatively knowledgeable but when it comes down to it, I don't know that much. But by the same token, I tell myself that I shouldn't know so much, and life is a learning experience. It's the assurance of finding people both very similar and wildly different that can teach me exorbitant funds of knowledge that excites me about Earlham. I've been really banking on college to be my real life since, I don't know, the 6th grade and I'm really expending a lot of energy into finding the most suitable one. This is my 2nd visit to Earlham and I think it's where I belong, but it's incredibly expensive and I've been to other wonderful places as well. (Recently a magnificent trip to WA to see Western) Alas, I know all will be set in place however it settles :)

In other news, hooray for a new PostSecret! It's amazing how many of secrets I can relate to and how truly talented many of the senders are. I've yet to send in my own, but it's on my to do list.

As I sit here, sipping my oddly tasted-but not sour milk and hope I can find a suitable sweater, I also wonder about my "weed purse" I recently chose to wash--perhaps not the greatest idea. It was a handmade grade-A hippie purse, if you know what I mean, and it made everything completely purple; it basically re-dyed itself...and an unsuspecting towel and the inside of our drier. Oops. Hopefully it's salvageable...

p.s. happy birthday, Eric!

No comments: