12 November 2008

Rehearsal.






Well, today was Wednesday! Hooray for All West Rehearsals! While today was not really a good practice (just very unfocused) there's something cathartic in playing a dear saxophone :) The piece isn't really that hard once you play it. I should really work on those blasted scales. Ew. What am I doing? I'm procrastinating from copying down the entire Chapter 5 in my economics book. I have such rubbish to look forward to because I did not pay any attention at all to her "rabbit chases." Oh well, I'll just plug up the 'Pod and crank things up...I can do anything with music. A specific Bible verse comes to mind. Strength.

It is wet and dull outside, possibly a weatherly response to our feelings these days. It's that time of year that is inevitable: a time post-line. The line represents a comfortable amount of time spent with a concentrated group of people. Now, once you have crossed over this line, everyday is like a time bomb, eager to explode with drama and new entertainment worth little more than the vapour of the breaths spent to say. Perhaps because I know it no other way, or perhaps because I know best (psht), I feel that this post-line time is only amplified into greater tragedy because of marching band. This thought could also be aided by the considerations (1) a greater number of my friends are in band and (2) it is all I do during these days. The cure for this illness? Christmas break. It can't come soon enough.

I'm absolutely in love with Wagon Wheel. I want someone to sing a similar song to me :) hahaha. I am a sucker for fiddles and banjos and weepy, tacky expressions with geographical aid.

I bid you farewell.

No comments: